April 15, 2013
This week, Mott Library joins libraries in schools, campuses and communities nationwide in celebrating National Library Week, a time to highlight the value of libraries, librarians and library workers.
Libraries today are more than repositories for books. They are the heart of their community. Libraries provide space and a wide range of resources to help foster all types of communities.
We see this at Mott Library firsthand, in big ways and small:
- Students meet up to collaborate on projects in the group study rooms, or hang out between classes in the comfortable seating areas on the first floor.
- Faculty members bring their classes over to select books to read or to find articles for their course assignments.
- Tutors meet with students to help them study and reinforce classroom learning.
- Students ask questions online using our Get Help service, or read our Facebook page to find out what’s happening today at the library.
- Students in the first floor lab get individualized help from the library lab assistants.
- Librarians consult one-on-one with students and faculty to assist them with their research needs.
Stop by the Mott Library circulation desk during National Library Week to select a bookmark and enjoy some candy.
Play our online library trivia game between April 15-19 and have a chance to win one of four prizes!
Trivia game winners will be drawn on Monday, April 22. Winners will be contacted and are expected to pick up their prize by Friday, May 3. Anyone can play the trivia game, but only currently enrolled MCC students are eligible to win prizes.
One Grand prize:
- $25 gift card to MCC’s bookstore.
- The winner will be randomly selected from entries that have ALL CORRECT ANSWERS.
Three participation prizes:
- Three winners will be randomly selected from all entries.
- Each winner will receive one $5 gift card.
- Participants do NOT need to have correct answers to be eligible to win.